StoryTagger – End User Licence Agreement (EULA) and Acceptable Use Policy
Please read these terms carefully
You are being given access to StoryTagger as an authorised user of your Organisation.
By ticking the ‘agree’ box you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms of this EULA and Acceptable Use Policy and which will bind you.
If you do not agree to these terms in their entirety you should not use StoryTagger.
Who we are and what this agreement does
LearnerLab Limited (“LearnerLab” or “we”) of LearnerLab LTD 136 – 140 Old Shoreham Road, Brighton BN3 7BD United Kingdom license you to use:
- the StoryTagger guided video storytelling tool for capturing and sharing real customer and employee experiences to create, store, view and download resources or content we provide to you through it (Service);
- the related online documentation (Documentation) only as permitted in these terms and for as long as you remain an authorised user (Authorised User) of the entity permitting you to access (Service Subscriber) the Services, and
- the Story Tagger Acceptable Use Policy which sets out how the Service may or may not be used.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights as a Data Subject in relation to your use of StoryTagger then in the first instance, please contact your Organisation.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
Service subscriber’s terms also apply
The ways in which you may use the Service and Documentation, and how any personal data is collected and used, may in addition be governed by your Organisation’s rules and policies, which you should ensure you are familiar with and consent to. We take no responsibility or liability for your use or inability to use the Service under these additional rules and policies.
StoryTagger support and how to tell us about problems
Support. If you want to learn more about the Service or have any problems using it please take a look at our support resources at www.storytagger.com . Any Service support queries must be addressed via your Organisation.
Contacting us. If you wish to contact us for any other reason please email our customer service team at email@example.com.
How you may use StoryTagger
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- access and use the Service solely as an Authorised User of your Organisation, and
- use any Documentation to support your permitted use of the Service.
You must be 18 to accept these terms
You must be 18 or over to accept these terms, unless otherwise agreed by StoryTagger and your Organisation.
You may not transfer your StoryTagger access to someone else
We are giving you a personal right to use the Service as set out above. Whilst you may have sharing rights as an Authorised User of your Organisation you may not otherwise transfer your permission to access the Service to anyone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free.
Changes to these terms
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in the law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. We will not require you to agree to a new EULA so long as the changes do not materially adversely affect your rights and obligations under these terms or impose additional obligations or liability on you or your Organisation.
We will give at least 30 days’ notice of any change to your Organisation and inform you of the implementation of these changes when you next use the Service.
If you do not accept the notified changes you will not be permitted to continue to use the Service.
Updates and changes to StoryTagger
From time to time we may automatically update and change the Service to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues.
We may collect technical data about your use and device
You also consent to your Organisation having access to your user log of Service activities, templates, outputs and downloads.
We are not responsible for other websites you link to
The Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy or use any products or services offered by them.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the Service in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the Documentation or Service, except as part of the normal use of the Service;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the Documentation or Service nor permit the Service or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the Services on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Service nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that such actions cannot be prohibited, and
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the Service.
Acceptable use restrictions
Your use of the Service must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy, which among other things states that you must:
- not use the Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with the Acceptable Use Policy, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the Service or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party (including your Service Subscriber) in relation to your use of the Service, including by the submission of any material by you for use with, sharing or storage by the Service (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not upload, record or download any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Service;
- not use the Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from the Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service.
The Acceptable Use Policy is set out in full at the end of this EULA.
Intellectual property rights
Except as agreed otherwise with your Organisation, all intellectual property rights in the Documentation and the Services throughout the world belong to us (or our licensors) and the rights in the Services are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the Documentation or the Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
Your Organisation may permit you to use, under licence, intellectual property it owns or licences (such as images, video, text or logos) from a third party (including from us) as an Authorised User of the Services and in any materials (Output Material) produced using the Services.
You agree to not infringe our intellectual property, the intellectual property of your Organisation or any other third party by using the Services or creating any Output Material and you agree to indemnify us fully against any third-party intellectual property claims arising as a result of your use of the Service, uploading or production of any materials as a result of your use.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We are not liable for business losses. If you use the Service for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. Your Organisation operating a current valid Subscription Plan may have additional rights.
- Limitations to the Services. The Service is provided to you for use solely as an Authorised User of your Organisation. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Please back-up content and data used with the Service. We recommend that you separately back up any content and data (Client Content) uploaded to or used in connection with the Service, to protect yourself in case of problems with the Service. While we follow a standard back up procedure for the Service we are not obliged to back-up any Client Content. We shall not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of Client Content caused by any third party, including the Service Subscriber, other than our duly appointed sub-contractors or agents.
- Check that the Services are suitable for you. StoryTagger has not been developed to meet your individual requirements and is to be used by you on an as is basis.
- We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the Service or support for the Service is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
We may end your rights to use the service if you break these terms
We may end your rights to use the Service at any time by contacting you or your Organisation if, in our opinion, you have broken these terms in a serious way.
If we end your rights to use the Service:
- you must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the Service; and
- you must delete or remove any log-in or access information or passwords that enable you to access the Service.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation provided we give you 90 days written notice.
You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
No rights for third parties
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
STORY TAGGER – ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Please read the terms of this policy carefully before using storytagger
What’s in these terms?
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to StoryTagger, make contact with other users StoryTagger, link to StoryTagger, or interact with it in any other way, This Policy supplements the terms of the End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
By using StoryTagger you accept these terms
By accepting these terms and using StoryTagger, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms in their entirety you must not use StoryTagger.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use StoryTagger, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in November 2018.
You must only use StoryTagger where it is safe to do so and you may use StoryTagger only for lawful purposes. You may not use StoryTagger:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation software or hardware.
- You must also not use StoryTagger while driving, operating machinery or in a space or environment that is unsuitable for its use or where it is unsafe to do so.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of StoryTagger in contravention of the provisions of our End User Licence Agreement
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of StoryTagger;
- any equipment or network on which StoryTagger is stored;
- any software used in the provision of StoryTagger; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party, and
- To adhere to reasonable data use as regards StoryTagger digital asset storage and for downloads.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on StoryTagger, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- User Feedback.
- Live or online service support.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on StoryTagger, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on StoryTagger, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
We do not allow people under 18 to use StoryTagger without our express permission.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to StoryTagger (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
LearnerLab will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from LearnerLab or our Client who has given you access to StoryTagger, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other websites or platforms.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the End User Licence Agreement upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use StoryTagger.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to StoryTagger.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.